An Offer You Can't Refuse
Part II, Chapter II
Max is dropped off at the docks at the Brooklyn riverfront where he is instructed to kill a traitor in the Russian Mob and retrieve a shipment of cargo.
Max kills the guard at the gate and enters the premises. He makes his way through many werehouses and through many alleyways of stacked shipping containers, until he reached a closed off bridge, leading to the next section of the dock.
After seaching a shipping container, he finds a sniper rifle, and evidence of a hit on the mayor. Max makes a truck trailer roll into a raised bridge to crash into and lower it. After climbing across and getting into the next werehouse, the next chapter triggered: With Rats and Oily Water.
PS2/XboxEditOn the PS2/Xbox version, this level is divided up into three levels: An Offer You Can't Refuse, Cold and to-the-Point and Family Troubles.
- Russian Mob - Working for Dime, who betrayed Vlad and now Vlad sends Max to kill them
Other Character AppearancesEdit
WalkthroughEditHttp www.youtube.com watch?v=5cuGAX5VJSM(06:51)
115 views Http www.youtube.com watch?v=WOGkZxkLR8s(05:39)
- "The skipper of the Charon was waiting, like the ferryman at the river Styx," said by Max Payne, is a reference to Greek mythology. Charon, was a ferryman who takes newly deceased souls across the river Styx to the afterlife.
- The title of the level is a reference to the movie, The Godfather.
- At the end of the level, after crossing the bridge, there's a door to the right leading to an office. Inside there is a button on the wall that opens a secret door, revealing a room containing ammo and painkillers.
- In the first werehouse, there's a broken staircase leading onto a ledge. this can be accessed by standing on the crates and jumping. Walk along the ledge and you will find an Ingram, some ammo and a painkiller.
- Sometime during this level, Max must operate a crane to clear the path ahead. If you jump on top of the crane, and then make the jump onto the containers, you will find a hidden room, with some grenades and molotovs.