This article is about the location, you may be looking for the Max Payne 3 multiplayer map
The Golgotha Cemetery is a cemetery located in North Bergen, New Jersey (according to Max Payne 3).
In winter of 2012, Max Payne visits the Golgotha Cemetery by taking a bus ride to the location. Once he sees his family's grave, he breaks down in grief. To drown his pain, he heads from the burial site to Walton's Bar to get drunk.
Behind the scenesEdit
- The Max Payne 3 multiplayer map Cemetery is based on the Golgotha Cemetery.
- In the comic "After the Fall", Max Payne's parents' funeral and tombstones are depicted but it is not specified if they themselves were buried in the Golgotha Cemetery.
- The remains of Valerie Winterson, Nicole Horne and Vinnie Gognitti were also laid to rest in this cemetery. Examining them will count as evidence.
- The opening cutscene for "Ain't No Reprievement Gonna Be Found Otherwise" states that the cemetery is located in North Bergen, New Jersey however in a later cutscene while on the phone to an unknown person, Raul Passos says that the cemetery is in Hoboken.
- In fact, it's unlikely that all presented characters from the previous game (besides Michelle and Rose Payne) were buried in New Jersey's cemetery, since the action took place in New York then.