|M4 Assault Rifle|
|Ammunition||Up to 300|
|Magazine size||30 rounds|
|Effects|| High damage|
Medium fire rate
|Location||Sao Paulo (MP3 multiplayer only)|
|Prominent users||Mona Sax|
The M4 is a weapon featured in Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne. It is an all-purpose carbine assault rifle designed for the purpose of taking out a large number of enemies within a reasonable distance.
The M4 is essentially the perfect weapon. Its damage, ammo & mag capacity, and rate of fire match the Kalashnikov's, making it a good choice in any firefight situations. Unlike the Kalashnikov, however, the M4 also boasts perfect accuracy (a trait shared only by sniper rifles and the Desert Eagle), allowing the user to attain rapid kills over extreme distances although the ammo for this gun is very rare throughout the game, so aiming for headshots as much as possible is a desirable course of action when utilizing this gun. Ammo becomes much more plentiful in Part III, where Lem's crew uses this assault rifle as a standard weapon along with the Kalashnikov and subtantial caches of ammo for this weapon can be found.
The M4 will generally kill in two or three hits anywhere to the body; its pinpoint accuracy allows for easy headshots, which are always one hit kills.
In Max Payne 3 multiplayer, this weapon is capable of being upgraded with new attachments. Here is a list of the obtainable attachments:
- Compensator (Rank 2)
- Suppressor (Rank 4)
- Barrel Upgrade (Rank 8)
- Red Dot Sight (Rank 9)
- Extended Mag (Rank 3)
- Mag Guide (Rank 7)
- Gas Block (Rank 5)
- Gas Systems Kit (Rank 6)
- Gold Plating (Rank 10)
- Chrome Plating
Behind the scenesEdit
- The M4 carbine is referred to in the game's files as the Colt Commando, a weapon with practically identical statistics in the first game. However, the Colt Commando and the M4 carbine are two different guns in real life: although Colt Commando is derived from the M4, it is shorter and more compact.
- In real life, the carbine has a higher firing rate and, though deadly, does not quite boast the firepower of the AK-47. However, in-game the two guns are almost identical.
- In Max Payne 3, the M4 has almost the same stats as it's real life counterpart.
- Max Payne 2 (first seen in The Million Dollar Question)
- Max Payne 3 (Only available through the Local Justice DLC pack)