The general writing conventions of the Max Payne Wiki (MPW:GW) are the basic writing regulations that govern the grammatically correct way an article should be written and formatted.
- The Max Payne Wiki uses all of the same writing conventions found in the Wikipedia:Manual of Style.
- In general, content should be written in a style appropriate for an encyclopedia. Descriptions should be clear and precise; speculations or uncertain facts should be avoided.
- Do not overlink. Generally, a page should be linked from a given article only once, on its first occurrence. Links may be repeated if the first link is far up the page or if the manner the word is used in makes it necessary (e.g. in summary lists).
- Bold the article name the first time it appears in the article itself. Any alternative names should also be bolded at their first occurrence.
- Avoid using bold formatting for general emphasis.
- Italics should be used for the titles of books, games, films, ships.
- Italics can be used for general emphasis, but should be used sparingly.
- Avoid using ALL CAPS.
- Avoid using quotation marks for emphasis.
- Avoid bolding words for general emphasis.
- Avoid using double emphasis (e.g. combining bold and italics).
- Use emphasis sparingly and only when necessary.