- "Now the boat could get back to smelling sun tan oil, stale margaritas, and greed."
- ―Max Payne after shutting down a fuel engine.
Sun Tan Oil, Stale Margaritas and Greed is the eleventh chapter in Max Payne 3.
Max and Passos are protecting Marcelo on a yacht. Max has a conversation with Passos about Marcelo and his lifetime partyish ways. As Passos and Marcelo goes away, Max then leaves to his bed and falls asleep. As he wakes up, a group of raidful pirates begins to attack the yacht. Max is then forced to shoot his way to find both Marcelo and Passos. A gunfight around the ship ensues. Soon, as the gunfight continues, he soon discovers Passos and Marcelo attempting to leave and let Max handle the paramilitaries. After Max informs them about Daphne Bernstein, a friend of Marcelo's, Passos decides to assists Max to save Daphne. During this time, Max sees a member on a zipline and Max is able to catch up to him. He punches the member and takes out his gun. Max then takes out some members on the zipline and subsequently kills all of the remaining members. He finds the remaining survivors, but they are all dead (having to be killed during the shootout between Max and the pirates). Passos arrives and he tells Max that Marcelo will be upset if he hears news about Daphne's death.
- Max Payne
- Raul Passos
- Marcelo Branco
- Daphne Bernstein (First appearance) (Killed)
- Anthony DeMarco (Appears on newspaper)
- United Souls of the People (First appearance)
- According to a TV news show in Alive If Not Exactly Well, this chapter happens two months prior to the corresponding chapter.
- The music for this level was remixed and later re-used as the pause menu theme in a later Rockstar title Grand Theft Auto V.
- The yatch featured was also reused in Grand Theft Auto V as a yatch named Dignity. Even there are missions involving this yatch and the reused interiors.