The 55th Sao Paulo Special Forces Police Battalion otherwise known as the Unidade de Forças Especiais (English: Special Forces Unit), often shortened to UFE, was a special forces police unit working in São Paulo, Brazil. They were an extremely corrupt police unit that enriched itself from the sale of human beings abducted by the organization to the Cracha Preto to be murdered and their organs stolen. They also served as the enforcers and private army of corrupt politician Victor Branco, killing whoever he sent them after. This put them in conflict with Max Payne, who went on a rampage that ultimately exposed their part in the conspiracy and resulted in their official disbandment. Its currently unknown if any members survived or what became of them.
The members of UFE are some of the most difficult enemies to kill in Max Payne 3 due to their extremely thick body armor; most of them wear ballistic helmets, making headshots more difficult to pull off. They are also equipped with high-powered rifles, such as the FAL or the G6 Commando. They have Tier-1 equipment, such as smoke grenades and Grenades.
The UFE members are seen operating with a small, but efficient fleet of vehicles:
- The lighter ground unit is an off-road jeep similar to the Crachá Preto, but marked as UFE.
- The helicopter is their main operation aircraft, which are used by the Comando Sombra.
- A large unmarked transport van, which are protected by UFE members for black market purposes. Blue lights and barriers are seen, hinting to a police-oriented vehicle.
- Battle trucks are their heaviest vehicle in the fleet. With a heavy machine gun turret, this vehicle offers transport, protection and riot control over certain situations that requires force.
All of them are seen through the storyline and are usually destroyed in different ways by Max Payne.
- Victor Branco - Behind the scenes Leader (unknown - 2012)
- Armando Becker - Official leader and Commander (unknown - 2012)
- Bachmeyer - Second-In-Command (unknown - 2012)
- Álvaro Neves - Captain (c. 2001 - c. 2005)
- Arthur Fischer - Associate (unknown - 2012)
- Milo Rego - Associate (unknown - 2012)
Behind The SceneEdit
The Unidade de Forças Especiais is a fictional police force created for the Max Payne 3 game by Rockstar Games. It is based on and inspired by the Rio de Janeiro's BOPE unit, and São Paulo's own GATE, GARRA, ROTA and GOE troops.
- Max Payne 3
- ↑ "Rockstar Research: The Weapon-Wielding Gangsters and Special Police Commandos of Max Payne 3" at the official Max Payne 3 website. Retrieved March 20th, 2012.
- ↑ "Lots of Deals Happening At Midnight For Mass Effect 3 Launch At EB Games/ Gamestop Canada" at Trendygamers.com. Retrieved March 20th, 2012.
- ↑ "Max Payne 3 | South African Pre-order Incentives Revealed" on Zombiegamer. Retrieved March 20th, 2012.